Monday, September 12, 2011

The Basics

For the first post in my guide to dressing cute and comfy for college, I wanted to show how I dress on a normal, average day here at Trinity, just to provide a general overview of what I want to share with you before getting into any specifics.




Creative Commons License
Dress The Part by Catherine Cotton is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at dressthepart-catherine.blogspot.com.

Something I want to draw your attention to is the balance between hot and cold. Because it's the end of summer in San Antonio, it's definitely not cold outside, so a romper and some sandals are really appropriate to wear when trying to beat the hot weather. However, all the classrooms are about negative 20 degrees, so if you're going to wear something short like this, I've learned cardigan or cover up is a must have!

When I first started classes here, I liked to wear dresses and little heels. After a few weeks, I've learned it's just not practical, especially climbing up the Trinity hills! Settling for a romper like this, which has the look and feel of a dress without the lack of comfort, is a great alternative. Some great places to find cheap and cute rompers for the warm days at school are Forever 21 or Urban Outfitters.  You can find these at North Star Mall, or The Quarry. I would recommend Forever 21 first, because it's the cheapest and fits all body types a bit better.

Looking for cute accessories to pair with that romper? No problem! Just hit up American Apparel at North Star Mall for some funky accessories, including a variety of colors in bows and hair accessories. I also highly recommend Charming Charlies as well. In this picture, I have a big white bow in the back of my hair, which also keeps it out of my face during classes and only took a couple seconds to style, giving me plenty of time to sleep in.

In my next few posts, I'll be addressing hair tricks, makeup secrets, and how to budget money when shopping, thanks for Dressing The Part with me today!





Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

No comments:

Post a Comment